M.O.B Event Services Are Now a Disability Confident EmployerWe all have a responsibility to help change our culture for the better.
M.O.B Event Services are very pleased to have been certified as a ‘Disability Confident Employer’. It is incredibly important to us to be part of positive change for the future. This certification illustrates the work that we’re putting into changing attitudes towards disability and removing barriers.
By simply adjusting attitudes to disability, we can access staff from the largest possible pool of talent, with the skills we need and find those who would be an asset to M.O.B Event Services. Based on this we have received accreditations as both a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and as ‘Disability Confident Committed’.
This means that:
- we have accessible and inclusive recruitment practices
- we are advertising our available jobs in the right places
- we are giving interviews to those with disabilities
- we make appropriate adjustments
- we provide support to current employees
- we employ the right people
- we provide development opportunities for our current employees
As a business, we are also aware that disabilities aren’t always easy to see and we also provide opportunities for non-visible disabilities such as those with:
- mental health conditions
- sensory processing challenges
- autism or Asperger’s syndrome
- cognitive impairment
- non-visible physical health challenges
- hearing difficulties
- restricted vision
We are also very aware that there is sometimes no separation between having visible and non-visible disabilities and that some may have a combination of both, as well as multiples of either. For our part, we have provided a culture where our staff are comfortable to discuss their own disabilities and we have staff members who have shared that they suffer with the following:
- fibromyalgia and asthma
- COPD and arthritis
- anxiety and depression
- rheumatoid arthritis and asthma
- hearing loss
We have made sure that we have taken every step we can to support our current staff members who have disabilities. Our priority is having the right person in the right roles, so if you would like to find out more about our current vacancies, visit our Career’s page.